Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Simply Beginning

With this blog, I have a few concrete goals, some less firm, and many other things that I am unsure I quite grasp.

I have wanted to begin a blog for some time to improve my writing, increase the amount I write, and develop the skills to share science with other audiences. I am not a big reader of popular scientific press so I am going to do my best to keep things as tangible as possible.

In this blog, I will write a summary of one scientific article each weekday with the goal of choosing articles that collectively tell a story and explaining the work and why it is important in a way that most anyone can understand.

About me: I am a PhD candidate at a research university in the Mid-Atlantic US. I had been interested in psychology for a while before I looked at graduate schools but it was actually <1 year between when I switched my undergraduate major to Psychology to when I was applying to PhD programs in Organizational Behavior (OB). OB is social psych with a management bent, very similar but researchers are typically more interested in the relevance of findings to organizational policy and practice.

My first post will come tomorrow, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment